NEWS

 
Renewables in the world
 
 
 
 
Renewable energies undoubtedly have had a significant increase in the last ten years worldwide.Approximately 81% of the energy consumed comes from fossil sources, while the remaining 19% comes from renewable sources (REN21, 2014). Around the summits of climate change thus created an enabling environment for renewable energy, which has begun to be
protagonists.In recent years, the development of technologies associated with the transformation of renewable energy has surprised steadily to international analysts on speed and average with their costs have been declining, especially in the case of Photovoltaic (PV).

International organizations such as the IEA (International Energy Agency) made projections for
2020 that 3% of the energy would be renewable, percentage achieved rapidly in 2008, EPIA
(European Photovoltaic Industry Association) projected 2GW of PV in Europe in 2010, but that
date it had 29 GW installed in the old continent (IEA, 2014). Taking to account this data, is achieved see a great commitment to renewable energies across the planet, this is mainly due to the decreasing costs of solar panels, electrical accessories, wind turbines and other components of these energies. In Latin America, countries like Brazil, Argentina, Mexico and Uruguay have begun to develop energy policies to increase clean technologies in energy matrix. However, in our continent still lack a more effective presence of these energies, to displace fossil fuels and prevent the emission of greenhouse gases. In Colombia, there have been progressed in energy policies for energy efficiency and promotion of renewable energy, but the pressures of large companies and high bureaucracy have arrested the advance of regulation with respect to other countries in the region. At 13 May of 2014, the 1715 Law was issued in Colombia, through which promotes the development of nonconventional renewable energy to the national energy system by integrating the electricity market, their participation is non-interconnected zones and other uses energy as a necessary means for sustainable economic development, electric self generation, energy efficiency and security of energy supply.


Ary Burbano
Manager